Change is in the air!
So…my little business has been chugging along since January and although it’s not a long time in business years (or months, in my case) I am already rethinking a lot about G&W with the perspective I’ve gained. I definitely want to change some things about how I am running my business, my client experience, my rates and my overall brand design. Leave it to a designer to never be satisfied with their own branding! I am not sure how that will look yet or what all that will entail, but as I am gaining some momentum, I am realizing I need to make more time and be more selective about my clientele. I have been so lucky so far to have awesome clients who fit my “mold” and I want to continue that trend. Love you, clients! I have some exciting possibilities on the horizon and I am looking forward to seeing how the next few months pan out.
Here’s a little list of the top 5 things I’ve learned over the past few months:
- 1. Don’t rush. The right clients are patient and understand the time it takes to do the work.
- Scheduling and project management is art form and one day I need to hire someone to do it for me.
- No one wants to hear how busy I am all the time. It’s a knee jerk reaction to “how are you?”, but everyone is busy!
- Focusing on my current clients and not obsessing over the future is the most important lesson I’ve learned. It’s hard not to get caught up in “what’s going to happen” but I find that I am more peaceful and calm when I focus on the right now. Very zen of me, huh?
- Don’t underestimate time and money. Don’t need to explain this one!
What kind of business lessons have you learned? I have a feeling they might be similar to mine.